Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Thomas Dunn Studios

After winning Mrs. Texas International, I dove head first into preparing for Mrs. International. One of the first things that I did after the dust settled and I slowly began to float down from cloud 9 was to begin researching hair and makeup artist near Jacksonville. As one can imagine being completely new to the International system before competing for the Texas title, I was concerned on how to get the perfect pageant look every day for a week.

A few weeks in to my Texas reign, my official contestant handbook arrived. I remember opening it for the very first time and thinking “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe this is really going to happen.” As I began flipping the pages, I was so glad to see the official list of International Pageants sponsors and even more thrilled to see someone listed under hair and makeup! I knew my troubles, or at least my hair and makeup worries, for the week would be over. I jumped on the phone, probably during the kids’ naptime, and called Thomas Dunn Studios. Guess who took the call? Sweet Thomas himself!

I was lucky to be able to book with them for our competition week. I would recommend using them for so many reasons! Your week is going to be extremely busy while in Jacksonville. I promise having Thomas, Drew or their staff of wonderful hair and makeup artists, will make your week less crazy! They will give you your specific time, each day if that’s the package you choose, and that’s one less thing you need to think about doing. Plus, you get to sit down and let them fuss over you and you will be glad to have that time off. Dunn Studios is the ONLY hair and makeup team that is allowed backstage as well which is another reason to use them. Often rehearsals run over on preliminary and finals night. The last thing you will want to worry about is do I have enough lipstick on or is my hair big enough for stage. They are right there to not only make you look your best, but to also calm you down. I had the pleasure of being in Mandi’s chair last year and I laughed the entire time. It truly was a wonderful experience and I can’t thank them enough for helping me to look my best throughout the week.


Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

No comments:

Post a Comment