Mommy & Daughter

Some say diamonds are a girls’ best friend, but I think we all know a girl’s best friend is her mother. Mothers are known by many names……. Mama, Mom, Mother, Ma, but they all love their daughters unconditionally. A daughter is the only one who knows what her mother’s heart sounds like from the inside. A mother is the one person who does the work of twenty people for free. A mother will always be there to comfort you and be your strength in all the problems that come your way. As teenage daughters we do not realize how much our mothers help us, they make sure we have everything we need and more. There is so much history we have with our mother, like first birthday, first day of school, first sports game, first graduation, our mothers were always the one with the proudest smile on their face. A phrase that makes me stand a little taller is “You look just like your mom.”

This is a photo captured from my first snow shared with my mother.

I believe in love at first sight…

We argue and bicker and never tell them how much we appreciate them. All pageant girls know the argument they have with their mothers. I know I do. I always hear, “When you’re grown and have your own daughter someday, you’ll understand.” Well, I am counting on my mother saying, “I told you so,” when that day comes. I have to remind myself to simply say, “Thank you, Mama, for all you do for me.” So Mama, when you read this, and I know you will because you read all of my blogs at least three times, I want you to know that I love you to the moon and back and you mean so much to me. I could not imagine life without you by my side no matter what! Thank you for everything, Mother Dear! (that’s her contact name in my phone)

Yes, I know I look just like her.


A morning at Nationals with my Mommy.

Moms have such a huge impact in our lives. Remember to tell your mom thank you and let her know how much you appreciate her.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts