Texas International Pageants


This weekend I get to go home to Texas! Unfortunately it is to give up my title as Miss Texas International 2010. I must say though I am so excited for another girl to start this incredible experience! The pageant will be held in San Antonio again, so it will be so neat to be back where my whole International journey began. Thinking back I remember the way I felt the evening of orientation being so inspired by the way the Miss Teen, Miss, & Mrs. Texas told us all the accomplishments they had throughout their reigns. I sure hope I will have the same impact on this year’s contestants!


The weekend of my state pageant was also my first time meeting Erin Golden, Miss International 2009. I was so in awe of her fabulous crown!! (Little did I know I would be sporting that very same crown a short 4 months later!) I just know the girls will be thinking the same thing about mine – it is just so enchanting!


What I am most looking forward to about the weekend though is spending time with my sister queens & wonderful director. I was so sad that I had to move away from them in the middle of our year together, but they were all so understanding and supportive. I am so proud of what they have accomplished & can’t wait to tell them in person instead of just over the phone!


Good luck to all the contestants competing for their state titles this weekend – be yourself & the rest will fall into place!

Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts