Maryland International Send-Off Party

This Sunday I attended the send-off party for Miss Maryland International, Chardia Murray.  Send-off parties are always fun.  They represent the best of both worlds.  You get to catch up with old friends and get a preview of contestant’s competition wardrobe.  It was a bit nostalgic.  But, I enjoyed being able to eat more than celery.

The best part is the pride in everyone’s eyes.  Everyone is there for one reason and one reason only.  They want their contestant to know that in their eyes they are the winner.  The support is overwhelming.  As a contestant, I didn’t want a send-off party because I’m not big on hoopla.  However, after it was over I was very thankful for the show of support and good vibes.   I hope all of you have enjoyed your send-offs and are amped about Chicago!!

Best,

Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

Popular Posts