Breaking the Mental Health Stigma - Mind.Heart.Body.

Have you ever felt like you have one hundred things to do, but only five minutes to accomplish all of it? This is exactly what it feels like to have anxiety, but all.the.time. Anxiety is a mental health disorder.




My platform, Mind.Heart.Body., Focuses on the fusing the connection between your mental and heart health and how it affects your overall well being. Your mind, your heart, and your body.

As Miss International, my number one goal is to break the mental health stigma, worldwide. I will do this by leveraging my connection with Mental Health America where I co-run the Youth Advisory Board.



The Youth Advisory Board is a group of high school students from the Chicago area who have a passion for bringing awareness to mental health. Now more than ever, we need mental health awareness and resources. Together, we recently launched new social media sites. The content they create consists of advice, tips and tricks, as well as motivational quotes to bring awareness to mental health. These young adults are also highlighting their favorite public figures, books, magazines, and other forms of media to show others teens that it is ok to not be ok. Follow us @mhans_yab!

In addition to my work with Mental Health America, I will be working to expand Mind.Heart.Body. programming. I plan to meet with professionals in the holistic and mental health communities to highlight options and forms of treatment/resources available to those who need mental health assistance. My meetings with these professionals will be interview style videos shared on social media.

Mind.Heart.Body. May 2021, will be bigger and better than 2020. Mark your calendars now!

Thanks for reading. I’d love to hear from you: missintl2020@gmail.com Stay happy, healthy, and grounded Mind. Heart. Body.

Megan Vladic
Miss International 2020

Comments

Popular Posts