…..Miss Illinois International, Megan Vladic!

…..Miss Illinois International, Megan Vladic!

Words that hold so much meaning and I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Before we get into the final moments before my name was called, let’s rewind.

I began my International Pageant experience by taking a road trip with my mom from Chicago, Illinois to Kingsport, Tennessee. Nearly ten hours later we arrived at the beautiful MeadowView Conference Resort and Convention Center.



My experience at Nationals was unlike any experience I have ever had before. Competing in a national level pageant during a pandemic was new, uncharted territory for all of us. Nevertheless, I felt very safe and properly social distanced throughout the entire week. The MeadowView Resort, Matt Davenport Productions and International Pageant staff were fantastic and welcoming all week long. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were dedicated to service and giving back to the community My sisters and I visited Girls Inc. of Kingsport, Tennessee and Second Harvest Food Bank. At Girls Inc. we each donated a backpack full of school supplies for girls enrolled in the program while empowering and inspiring girls to be strong, smart, and bold. We packed meals for over 130 families at Second Harvest Food Bank. For a sweet treat we visited Bellafina Chocolates where we learned about their mission to donate 100% of proceeds to charity and made chocolates with our faces on it. 
















The remainder of the week was dedicated to well organized rehearsals learning the opening dance and walking patterns and also supporting and cheering for our sister queens at the Mrs. International finals, Pre-Teen International Pageant, and Teen International Preliminary competitions.

Besides crowning, prelims was probably the most exciting part of the competition overall. The nerves from the interview were passed and I did not have the nerves about which on-stage question I would be asked. On-stage question was only for the Top 6 (Top 5 + People’s Choice) finalists. Prelims was just me, my amazing wardrobe (and J-Lo inspired tights), and a runway to myself to show the judges my grace, poise, and enthusiasm about being an International titleholder.

On finals nights after the opening number dance, the nerves really set in. Who will be the next Miss International? Will I make Top 6? My adrenaline was rushing.

I was called into the Top 6 in the 4th position, feeling ecstatic and honored to be standing among five other incredible women.

Once the on-stage question portion of the finals competition was completed I felt 100% at ease. Honestly, I think I was more at ease once my speech was over than the question to follow.

The rest of the finals competition went by quickly and I had an absolute blast. During each area of competition I gave myself a little pep talk (out loud), before I hit the stage. It would be pretty hysterical if anyone else heard me talking to myself, but hey you have to pump yourself up every once in a while. And it worked!

Everything after the competition ending was a blur. I remember being so proud and extremely happy I had made it this far. Once we were in our spots for coronation, my heart was pounding, everything I have worked so hard for and my lifelong dreams came down to this moment. The 2nd runner up was announced, then the first runner up was announced. At that point, I thought to myself “I am exactly where I need to be and what is meant to be will be”. Then...


“…..Miss Illinois International, Megan Vladic!” were the next words I heard.

Overwhelmed with emotion, excitement, and pure happiness, I walked to center stage thanking the judges while trying to find my family and friends in the audience; I could hear my dad’s cheer from a mile away. It was truly a magical moment. One I will never forget and I will cherish forever.

I’M MISS INTERNATIONAL!

Thanks for reading. I’d love to hear from you: missintl2020@gmail.com 

Stay happy, healthy, and grounded Mind. Heart. Body.

Megan Vladic
Miss International 2020

Comments

Popular Posts