Prayer for the Contestants

If you do not know by now, my faith is extremely important to me. What I love most about the International system is that it is rooted in faith and family. This is why I felt a close connection to the system while I was competing last year. During my Miss Texas and Miss International orientations, both of my directors started with a prayer. They have no idea how much that meant to me as I felt centered knowing that God was in the midst of the pageant. I believe that prayer is powerful. It is a constant communication to our Creator. So I wanted to say a prayer over all of the contestants.

Heavenly Father,

I come to you with a grateful heart. Thank You for providing such a wonderful system for ladies to be able to glorify You and represent their platforms. Thank You for creating a space where diversity is welcomed, accepted, and these women can truly be themselves. I pray for each contestant. You see how hard they have worked and prepared for their respective crown. I pray that they will have an amazing week in Jacksonville, that they will make new friends to last a lifetime, and that they will grow from having been around some of the most inspiring and passionate young ladies in the world! Although the crown is the ultimate goal, I pray that each contestant has the confidence to live their lives with or without the crown, because You have blessed them with the talent and creativity to make a huge difference in this world. The crown that You give us as Your daughters is more important than any earthly possession. May you give each contestant peace in their hearts and the optimism to know that they are not defined by the results of the pageant. No matter what happens, Your plan for their lives is the best.

I pray for the three new winners who will represent the International system. May their year be special and bring amazing opportunities their way. May they have the opportunity to fulfill all their goals, but most importantly fulfill Your will for their lives. I pray safety over them as they travel with the crown. May doors open for them that will continue to raise awareness for their platforms.

I pray that You will give me the words to encourage these ladies during our week in Jacksonville. And I, once again, thank you for blessing me with the opportunity of a lifetime!

Your Faithful Servant,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts