Date Night

As a wife, busy mother and titleholder I have a pretty busy schedule so by the end of the day I honestly just want to put on the biggest sweat shirt and comfy pants that I can find. Getting everyone fed, bathed and tucked away all cozy in their beds is like running a marathon, although I can’t attest to that because I’m not a runner, so it could actually be worse. When Mr. International finally walks through the door somewhere from 8 p.m. and beyond I’m definitely feeling and looking my worst. Hopefully, I am not the only one that feels this way.

Often times with our busy and conflicting schedules, it is hard to find the time and energy for us to spend as a couple. Lately, we haven’t had the energy to even want to go anywhere besides the comfort of our living room. We found ourselves sitting in the living room, together, but both of us checked out. I would be playing on my phone and he would be playing on the iPad. We weren’t continually working on each other, which each couple needs.

After what felt like an eternity, but in reality turned out to only be 2 months, we both came to the realization that this method of spending time together was not going to work for us. We also both agreed that we weren’t always in the mood to go out, so we have opted to having date nights at home. It can be something as simple as making each other dinner and actually sitting down at the table together, renting a movie and popping popcorn, or even playing a fun game together. We truly have enjoyed spending quality time together without the hustle and bustle of finding a babysitter and making a dinner reservation at a crowded, loud restaurant.

Where ever you are in your relationships, make sure you nurture and baby it.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts