Bac Lieu

YOUR VOICE IS NEEDED
Bring Home the Bac Lieu Orphans

My heart breaks for these children & their forever families! 3 years ago, Halle-Grace & 44 other children were in a very similar situation. PLEASE take a minute to sign the below petition. You can also immediately send emails to your elected officials. There's POWER in numbers! Please don’t stop there; I encourage you to call your Congressman, email his constituent leader and his office in Washington, DC!

I’m almost positive that I was the most annoying individual on the planet 3 years ago for members of the USCIS/DOS in Washington, DC…but my tiny miracle was languishing in an orphanage a world away and NO one had answers for me or the other families with children in Tuyen Quang, Vietnam (TQ).

It took a movement  and the HOT HENS (my adoption support group) to bring home the TQ 44…one of those angels you know as Halle-Grace! I know one of the mothers who’s little boy has been waiting in Bac Lieu for his forever family for more than 2 years!!!! WHY? No one has answers? Again, this sounds way too familiar! It’s horrific, incredibly sad, and a shame to say the least! Can you begin to imagine the heartbreak?  I can tell you from experience, it is beyond heartbreaking! Gabriel and many others remain institutionalized!

If you are reading this and you don’t know all of the details of our adoption journey, you probably think, “Wow, she’s outspoken”! Please know I am extremely passionate about this issue and I know the torture these families are enduring…in our case, we never received an answer! To fight for your child’s life, sometimes you must be “outspoken”!  In August of 2008, I left the country to adopt Halle-Grace via Vietnamese law and wait the process out in Vietnam until our  USCIS/DOS decided to answer questions and take action.

Not all families have the option to move to a third world country for an indefinite time! I am asking you to please join me in helping these waiting children and their families in any way you can. I cannot begin to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude to US Congressman Patrick McHenry! He made our adoption journey a “personal” issue and he lead us through the storm! He made sure Halle-Grace and I were back on US soil well before the 2 years I was told I would live in her birth country! The Congressman scheduled a visit to meet Miss Magic (probably to witness for himself, “who is this crazy lady who fled the country”) haha! In all seriousness, he is a remarkable leader who truly cares!




Love will make you do things you never thought possible. Halle-Grace was abandoned at birth, and there was never a question in my mind…she would NOT be abandoned again! Regardless of what I had to do.  

I encourage you and ask you to please show your support! Be a part of this mission…you can help build families through the miracle of adoption! On behalf of the waiting children and their forever families, THANK YOU for your time and action in advance.   

Comments

Popular Posts