Fourth of July

I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July!! It’s one of my favorite holidays J This year, I was able to go to the festivities near downtown Houston with a few of my friends to watch the fireworks and hear some live music.  

The cost to get in was just ONE canned good! With over 100,000 expected to attend, we were able to collect lots of food for those who need it!


Of course we all know that there is a BIG reason to celebrate, and it’s not all about the spectacle in the sky. Remembering our troops that have fought and are still fighting for our freedom is what the 4th is all about for me! My friends and I took the time to write postcards to the soldiers thanking them for their service and wishing them a safe return home!


There were so many people there to celebrate our wonderful country with the city of Houston as the backdrop!



Another wonderful Independence Day!

Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts