A Year Full of Blessings Continues

I still find it incredibly hard to believe this year is coming to an end and Mrs. International 2011 will soon be crowned! I want to take this opportunity to thank YOU, the loyal readers/followers of the International Pageants blog and a HUGE thank you to Cristen Richardson Vehorn for making sure the entire year has been documented! Speaking of Cristen, CONGRATULATIONS to the Vehorns, Grandma & Grandpa Richardson and the entire International family on the birth of Mary-Catherine! I can’t wait to meet the bundle of joy! (You know Mary has to be the most gorgeous grandmother on earth)!

Being Mrs. International has been rewarding in so many ways. I have so many amazing memories, and have gained the most precious friendships that I will cherish forever!  I have accomplished the goals I set for myself.  I have gained more contacts, knowledge, and heightened awareness about adoption and I know that I have made a difference in the lives of others through my platform, “Building Families Through The Miracle Of Adoption”.

To the young woman who is crowned next week, I want you to know that you are so BLESSED! Mary and Mel are two of the most amazing souls on earth and make it possible for so many women to share their passions!  The state directors believe in the International system and pour their hearts into it year round, the team at the Competitive Image will spoil you rotten for sure…so get ready for the time of your LIFE!!! With that being said, please keep in mind that “Balance” is key, Time management is critical, and multi-tasking is a MUST!  Along with being Mrs. International, I am a full time as a sales manager for a leading biotech company, “mommy” to the most amazing, energetic, magical little girl in the world (who has 2 speeds…asleep and FULL steam ahead…you get the picture). I have been non-stop for a year but I wouldn’t trade it for anything! Some of the most rewarding moments, I have not been able to publicly post because of privacy issues surrounding adoption. Being the passionate person I am…it has been incredibly tough because there is nothing more rewarding than seeing a child placed in a permanent home! My heart smiles and it has made me even more passionate about my belief that EVERY child deserves a loving, permanent family! I am forever grateful for this job of service!


I will see you in Chicago (with a few boxes of tissues). I am not saying goodbye…I’m just becoming an alumni J When you truly “live” your platform, the service never ends…
God Bless you all!

Shannon Devine

Comments

  1. Congrats on a fabulous year, Shannon! See you soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts