Thank You


Many people can look at a Miss International and think we got where we are because of our own doing. But the truth is... behind every Queen is an amazing team who helped get her there and keeps here there. We have the most phenomenal sponsors that equip us with the tools necessary to be a great representative, but we also have the people who's name may never be printed with a logo... but allow our heart to truly shine all year.

Today I want to celebrate and honor those who have loved me well, made a huge impact, and can be seen weaved into my story.

Poppa and Momma Moreno... I would not be who I am today without both of you alls unconditional love and support. You've always encouraged me to "Be the Best Amanda" and taught me the importance of service at a young age. I'm so thankful that God chose me to be your daughter. 16 years ago, you said "yes" to a curly headed little girl and her big dreams. Your support enabled me to use my light for Jesus and I could not possibly ask for better parents.

Brandon Michael Young... I know God must have made you just for me. Throughout my entire journey to the crown and as Miss International, you have supported me - loved me - cheered me on - and believed in my ability to change the world. You are my best friend and forever adventure buddy. You always point me back to Jesus and make for a very handsome airport chauffeur It is a privilege to love you forever and I cannot wait to see how God will use our marriage.

Grandma, Uncle Jimmy, Lela, and Suzy... thank you for loving me and always making me feel like the family Princess.

Taylor Woodruff... my sweet sister! I never imagined that I'd become forever best friends with someone I was too afraid to talk to at first. You are beautiful in a million ways and I'm so thankful for your support. You stepped into action when I made Top 10 last year and have never failed to support me every day. I could not have become Miss International without your friendship throughout the week and Internationals 2017 will not be the same without you.

The Young Family and The Groenewald Family... thank you for supporting me through this journey - wherever it may take me! A piece of my heart will always be with you all. Love knows no distance.

My Passion family... before I was even honored as Miss Georgia International... you all poured into me and equipped me to take True Beauty Movement across the world. Thank you for showing me Jesus' love and encouraging me in my walk.

Katie - Heather - Katie - Priscilla - Megan - Sarah... you ladies deserve a thousand crowns. I'm so thankful for our friendship and the love, grace, and support you all provide.

These names may not be in the lights… but I would not be where I am today without them. I am beyond blessed to have these amazing people in my life. To everyone mentioned, and those weaved into the story in other ways, thank YOU for being YOU!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts