Final Words of Wisdom


There is a season (a time appointed) for everything and a time for every delight and event or purpose under heaven—

A time to be born and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
A time to throw away stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing.
A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to [a]tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to keep silent and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

You blink, and realize this year just flew by. Although my year has come to an end, with the end of my reign, comes a new beginning, for me, and for the new queen.

I can still feel the joy and excitement of hearing my name called out “Your new Mrs International is….Priscilla Pruitt, Mrs Wyoming International!” I was shocked, trembling… I worked so hard for it. To hear my name was a surreal experience. I remember going to bed and waking up abruptly, searching for the sash, scared it was all just a dream. Because that's what it felt like, a dream come true. I had dreamt about that moment so many times.

So here I am, in my hotel room, at the beginning of pageant week, dreaming again... However, now, I'm dreaming of you, the new queen. I'm dreaming of your crowning moment, the look on your face, the tears of joy..

Although I can't see your face, or know who you are….I pray and hope that you take on this torch with joy, humility and confidence.

Know that you can't do this alone, you need God, your husband, your family, and your new International family.

You'll always have me if you need help, guidance or advice. You have an amazing friend and guidance counselor in Mary and the entire Intl team.

You can do this! Never doubt yourself, you’ve made it this far….You ARE worthy of the crown! Only God chooses who is placed in authority and He chose you!! (Romans 13:1)

Use your year to the fullest, make the most of it, squeezing up every second to make an impact. Everyday counts, every second matters. Your year will fly by, I promise you...So make the most of it.

Keep God first, your family second. Spend time with them both, and realize you can't do it without them.

Communicate with your audience through your blogs, it's a blessing, not a curse.

Lead with confidence, but be humble, strive to be wise, but always show grace, serve with joy and never complain, in all things, give thanks.

And lastly, realize that every opportunity is a gift! You have been given the most beautiful gift, and with that gift comes responsibility. Lead by example.

I've been praying for you, and I will continue to do so throughout your reign.

Perhaps you were crowned queen for such a time as this. Esther 4:14

I'm your Mrs International reminding you-

TO CHOOSE LOVE,

Priscilla

Comments

Popular Posts