Platform & Ad Pages


It’s that time! Time to start working on all your items to be turned in. With that being said, I’d like to take this opportunity to give you some ideas of what should be included in your platform and ad pages. Remember, they are YOUR pages though, so always create them individually how you would like them, these are just a few suggestions.

This was my first time at International Pageants, so I was not familiar with a platform page. I was also an “At- Large” contestant so I did not have advice or direction from a director, so the first thing I did is call Susan Botek, with Botek Designs, our national sponsor that specializes in graphic design and with years of experience with national pageant platform and ad pages. I was SO happy I did! She took my vision, worked hand and hand with Suzy Bootz and I to highlight the areas I wanted to guide my interview around, and all together we created my platform and ad pages that I absolutely loved! So if you have the opportunity to work with Susan, I highly recommend it. If not, below are a few ideas on what each of your platform and ad pages should include.

Platform Page:

Name & Title

Your platform/cause

A very short paragraph about your platform and your connection

Any national and international agency logos you represent

If you have a website or App include it
Headshot

Some snap shots of you working your platform and title

A quote from an organization representative to solidify your connection

Ad Page:

*Name and title

*Headshot or two

*Platform name or cause

*Your website if you have

*Family photo or snap picture

*Any sponsors you want to highlight

You want to make these clean and precise. Give the judges all the information they need to learn about all about you, but make it direct and to the point, so they don’t get lost reading a resume. Make it impactful, include what YOU want them to remember you by and your plan as Mrs./ Miss/ Teen/ Pre-Teen International!

Turning Broken Into Brave,

Your Mrs. International 2017

Melissa Pocza

Comments

Popular Posts