The More You Get, The Less You Have

I know what you’re thinking…”Kaylee, what does that even mean?” Well, allow me to loop you in on what I’ve been thinking about lately. Time. The more time we spend school, the less time we have left in school. The more time I spend as Miss International 2o18, the quicker my reign is coming to an end. The more time I get to spend with my family and friends, the less time I have with them.


As you read this, you may be thinking that this is all pretty self-explanatory, but when you realize time is a finite thing...your perspective changes completely. When you really understand that you have a set amount of days on this planet we call Earth, a limited amount of time with your family and friends, you begin to treat that time with more respect.



William Penn once wrote, “Time is what we want most and what we use worst.” Since the passing of my dad this quote has resonated with me. I would give anything to spend just one more day- no, one more hour- with him. If I had it do over, I would spend less time fighting with or being upset because he told me no. I would spend more time laughing at his dad jokes and going on daddy-daughter dates with him. Don’t let the most precious resource life gives you slip away because the more you get, the less you have.

Kaylee Ewing
Miss International 2018

Comments

Popular Posts