Getting Fit for Fitness Wear


I have had some ladies message me to ask what I did to prepare for the fitness wear competition. So I thought it might be helpful to share my response with everyone on this blog.

Truth time… I don’t like the gym. I’m just not the type of person who is disciplined enough to wake up at 5:00 AM to make sure I get gym-time in before my day starts. I do, however, enjoy other forms of exercise such as hiking, kayaking, and biking.

(Hiking Seven Falls in Arizona)

After I won the title of Mrs. California International, I had a serious decision to make. Would I discipline myself to do more than just my usual form of exercise?

Ultimately I realized that even if I didn’t lose a single pound by going to the gym, I would feel so much better standing on the Mrs. International stage if I pushed myself out of my normal fitness routine. That’s when I set a goal of going to the gym five days a week for 1-2 hours per day. I wanted to work on cardio for heart health but I also really wanted to focus on muscle tone.

(Working out with two broken toes)

After having two children, I wanted to focus on improving my muscle definition on my stomach. To help save some money, I watched videos of personal trainers on YouTube to get a lot of work out tips and routines. I found these videos to be very helpful. It took a little bit of searching to find the ones that would work for me, but once did, it was well worth the effort and a great money-saving option.


In a nutshell, I want to express that everyone’s fitness journey will be different. We are all unique so what worked best for me may not work for others.

My only advice would be to put in the extra effort whether it’s with good food choices or exercise. I promise you, it will make a difference in the way you present yourself on stage. For me, putting in the extra effort really gave me great pride because I knew I had given it my all.. And that’s what I set out to do.


Together We Rise,

Your Mrs. International 2018

LAUREN WEEKS

Comments

Popular Posts