A Piece of History

The Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village is home to the Amherst Museum.  They offer a wealth of history for both New Yorkers and overall culture.  I have attended two of their exhibit openings as Miss New York International: “Modern Childhood”, a collection of games and activities that have littered living rooms across the country for centuries, and “Body Beautiful”, an impressive display of the evolution of what society considers beautiful at each time period and the lengths we went through to achieve it.

They do such an incredible job displaying the items and curating the exhibits.  I could (and have) wander(ed) around for hours and still find pieces I missed the first few times.  The staff is such a talented group and I have come to know them well.   Whenever I attend an event with them I know it will be a fun and also educational experience.

I received an email from the director of the museum sharing some information about their next exhibit: an exploration of occupational uniforms over the years.  To my surprise, they asked if they could display my Miss New York International crown and sash as part of the two-year exhibit that will open in February of 2014.   I was so flattered and honored by request.  Looking forward to solidifying the International Pageant System as a part of history!

Enjoying the interactive games at the Modern Childhood Exhibit

With Body Beautiful Exhibit Curator, Kayla Shypski

Seek Happiness,

Jesse Ladoue
Miss International 2013

Comments

Popular Posts