Cruising - Part 1

My family has an annual tradition of going on a trip for spring break, and this year we went to the Caribbean! We flew to San Juan, Puerto Rico to board Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Sea. We spent our first day exploring the ship and catching some rays on deck by the pool. We also met our fabulous servers that we would have at dinner each night- Binu and Noberto. They took care of us all week and made sure we were full and happy each day!



We started Day 2 with a fun yoga class at the Ship Shape Center! It was a little tricky trying to balance while the boat was rocking, but it was a great workout. We also took a class to learn how to make the towel animals that the cleaning service puts in each room. Check out the video below to see me learn how to make an elephant!


Day 3 was the first day on an island- our port was in Bridgetown, Barbados. Some of our family friends were also on the island, so we met up for a catamaran cruise. I got to snorkel at a shipwreck site and with giant sea turtles. It sprinkled a little that day but the locals told us that there isn't rain in Barbados, just liquid sunshine!



Our port city for Day 4 was Castries, St. Lucia! This beach day was filled with fun. I was lost in a good book when I looked up and saw something covered in plants and flags. As it got closer I realized it was a little boat filled with fresh island produce! I have never tasted such yummy grapefruit, mangos, coconuts and sugarcane. This was one of the best nights on the ship- we had a huge dance party on deck and a midnight buffet. Anyone that knows me knows that I loveeeee to dance, so this was a great evening!


Brought my selfie stick to the dance party!

Stay tuned to hear about the second half of my trip soon!


If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts