My Year

As Miss Teen International, I plan to spread awareness of the great need for volunteers and encourage teens to spend a few hours with a group of friends doing a random act of kindness to help others. There are so many organizations worldwide that need volunteers.. ten millon to be exact! We CAN make a difference if we each were to help just one of these groups. I want to educate teens about how we can be the change we want to see.

“If not us, who? If not now, when?” A quote from John F. Kennedy that greatly but simply explains what I want to encourage. A song that has had a great influence on my life would be Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror, if you have never heard it here are some of the Lyrics,

“I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
take a look at yourself and then make a change”

Just the pairing of these words made a huge impact on me and a huge goal for my year is to have the same impact on others to “start with the man in the mirror!”

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'" - Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts