Relaxation Time

My year as Miss International 2019 has been a busy one. Between appearances, heart making for The Peyton Heart Project and my day job it can get hard to find time just for myself. Life sure gets crazy and I can’t express enough how important it is to take time to relax and unwind. Here are some of my favorite ways to unwind and relax when I get a chance to.

Netflix

I don’t think it’s a secret that I’m a movie buff and a The Office aficionado so it’s definitely not a secret that my number one way to relax is to throw on a good show or movie to watch. I try not to watch anything too heavy like a horror movie or a drama just so that I can really enjoy my time and release my worries.

Writing

Writing is one of the best ways for anyone to wind down. Putting your feelings and worries onto paper and allowing yourself to clear your brain. It’s not only cathartic but it also helps to organize your thoughts and see exactly what is in the forefront of your mind.

I particularly enjoy writing poetry. Abstractly and artistically expressing my thoughts and feelings helps me to identify stressors or even positive things happening in my life. I find that I write most when I feel stressed. It is a way for me to focus on one thing and be creative.

Reading

I not only enjoy writing but I also enjoy curling up with a good book. On days where I feel stressed and caught up in a tornado of chaos I try to make time to sit with a cup of coffee and a good book. It allows me to engross myself into a new story and allow my problems and worries to float away for awhile. My cat Pringles enjoys this one as well considering it gives him the opportunity to cuddle up with me too.



Exercising

Now this one does not seem relaxing in the slightest (which it isn’t, at first) but it is one that helps me sweat out my worries in a healthy way. Whenever I feel nervous, angry or worried, I make it a point to head straight to the gym to run, lift and sweat it out. When I get those healthy endorphins going and burn off that excess energy I have, I start to feel exorbitantly better. Yes, it’s hard and physically demanding but when I am finished I have a huge sense of accomplishment. I also burned off all of the worry and I am ready to relax once I get back home.


Spa Day

Now this is a form of relaxation that is a bit more lavish but we all deserve a day of luxury and relaxation. When I feel that life has been particularly busy or I feel that I have earned a reward I will schedule a full day of lavishness and relaxation. A massage, facial, mani/pedi. A full day that is worry free and all about me. This obviously is not a weekly occurrence but it’s something that I like to do every now and then to completely recharge and reward myself.

Life gets busy, so I hope that you all take some time for just yourself to unwind, recharge and relax. Whether it is a full day at the spa, full week vacation or just a night of watching Netflix with a bag of popcorn. Always take the time to give yourself some extra love and relax.

Ava Hill
Miss International 2019

Comments

Popular Posts