National Adoption Month

November was a busy, yet rewarding month. Two definite highlights include celebrating 30 years with the National Council For Adoption and Halle-Grace’s 3rd birthday! What an honor to be part of an organization that continues to make adoption an option for so many who desire to build their families though the miracle of adoption.


Adoption is the sweetest thing I’ve ever known…and being “mama” to Miss Magic…there are simply no words to describe the JOY in my heart! I am forever blessed!  Celebrating Halle-Grace’s 3rd birthday was so much fun!

Thanks again Cynthia (Mrs. NC International) for playing the role of Mary Poppins, you were Practically Perfect in every way

And a BIG thank you to Juliana (Teen Miss International) from Miss Magic, she loves her birthday present! She is such a girly-girl!

Even though November has come to an end, my goal of spreading awareness does not end! If anything, the need has become more apparent and my work will continue!

To end the month of November, National Adoption Month, I will be reading adoption related books to children at the public library during their story time.

The books I’ve selected to read include some of my favorites that I have purchased for Halle-Grace. They include:

* I love you like Crazy Cakes
* Finding Joy
* Tell me again about the night I was born

And two of Halle-Grace’s favorite books I will share as well….

* Cinderella
* God knows all about Me

Until next post, remain blessed.

Shannon

PS - This link is a great video slideshow of the Gala - I think you'll recognize a few familiar faces!

Comments

Popular Posts