Year End Wrap-Up


As the year draws to a close, I want to update you on how my year as Miss Teen International 2010 is going so far and thank you all for support on my journey to this point and for fallowing my reign through my blog posts!

Since being crowned in July in Skokie, Illinois, I have worked with the American Heart Association, the Downs Syndrome Society, the Washington Redskins, the Korean Women International Network (KOWIN), and the National Council for Adoption. I have represented the International pageant system and served my platform at the Children’s Inn at NIH, the Pediatric Ward at Walter Reed National Medical Center, the Korean Ambassador’s residence, Boys and Girls Clubs, schools, and recreation centers in Ohio, Washington DC, Chicago, Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware. I have walked in the Baltimore Heart Walk, the Washington DC Heart Walk, and the Buddy Walk for Downs Syndrome. I have had the privilege of working with Redskins Quarterback Donovan McNabb, Redskin player Maake Kemoeatu, Congressman Chris Van Hollen, Senator Mary Landrieu, DC Mayor Adrian Fenty, Presidential Cabinet Member and Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, my own Congresswoman Donna Edwards, former Editor and Chief of People Magazine Jeannie Park, and Project Runway’s Tim Gunn! I plan to travel to Florida, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, and hopefully Asia and Europe in the coming six months.

During all of these exciting experiences, I have continued my work as a spokesperson for the American Heart Association and its Alliance for a Healthier Generation, as well as my pursuit of a degree in Communications and Public Relations at the University of Maryland College Park. I am looking forward to an internship next semester at the American Heart Association’s Greater Washington Region office as their Youth Volunteerism and Outreach Coordinator.

I want you to know I am thinking of you during this holiday season, and I am so thankful for all of your love and support. I feel so blessed to have become part of the International family. The family of individuals involved in the “Mrs”, “Miss”, and “Miss Teen” International pageants have shown me so much love and support throughout my year. Mary, Mel, Cristen, Susanne, Joey, Clay, Terri, Shannon, Ashley, and everyone else involved in the International family, thank you and I love you all!

Happy holidays and God bless you!

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts