Miss International Goes to Haiti!


When the opportunity of a lifetime presents itself, you owe it to yourself to go for it!  When I was told that there was a chance for me to go on a philanthropic trip to Haiti, I knew immediately that this was one of those life changing moments.  Needless to say, without any hesitation at all, I went for it.  From April 25 through May 2, I will be traveling throughout the country of Haiti.    The trip is in connection with Peace Love International- R.E.S.T.O.R.E. Haiti. 

Haiti is a country with a rich history and a resilient spirit like no other.  I feel so privileged to be afforded the opportunity to meet the people of Haiti and explore their culture.  I hope to share a bit of myself and leave my Bookprint.  Prior to my departure, I will be collecting French and English children’s books as well as school supplies.  These books will be donated to children at various orphanages and schools throughout Haiti.  I’ve kicked off my drive and am currently working with several churches and charities to make my dream a reality.  My title has opened this door for me, and I fully intend to walk through and make an impact the best way that I know how- service.  The adage is true, "People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel."               

Anyone who is interested in donating can ship items to  P.O. Box 421,  Laurel, Maryland, 20725-0421;  c/o Madison Donovan Group.  I will also be holding an in-person collection where you can drop off donations on Saturday, April 22 from 11 a.m.– 1 p.m. at 401 Main Street Laurel, Maryland 20707.  Companies or individuals who are  interested in donating towards or sponsoring costs associated with shipping and preparation should contact the Madison Donovan Group at- http://www.madisondonovangroup.com/#!contact 

I can’t wait to share the journey of a lifetime with all of you!

Best,

Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

  1. So great! Cannot wait to have you here in Haiti. This is going to be a memorable trip. Much love Anedie, Miss Universe Haiti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts