Differently Abled, Not Disabled!

It was such a treat to be able to speak with a group of interns at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences! These young adults aren’t your average interns… They have disabilities that they're constantly overcoming.

I was invited to talk with them about self-esteem. One of the biggest obstacles members of our society face is a lack of self confidence. I was able to share ways for the interns to uplift themselves, not let comments from others get the best of them, how setting goals can increase esteem and more. They really opened their hearts to me and shared their passions and tasks they want to accomplish in the future. It warmed my heart!





It wouldn't be an appearance without some Clay Spann autograph cards and some photo ops! I recently got a selfie stick that I have had so much fun using at appearances, and so far everyone has loved it. Audiences seem to love taking home a signed autograph as a souvenir as well!




If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts