Lee Academy Elementary

I recently traveled to Dallas, Texas to meet up with two of the world’s greatest sister queens, Farabe and Elise. We attended the National Salute to Veterans Event at the Dallas VA hospital. There, I passed out cards that two elementary schools made for me to give to our soldiers. This past week, I was able to spend time with the students and pick up cards from Lee Academy Elementary School in Marianna, Arkansas, which is where I attended elementary back in the day. The kids were very excited that their cards are going all the way to Texas!

Me with Mrs. Kelly Jones, who made the day possible!

The fourth through sixth grade students at Lee Academy and their cards for the veterans.

Me with Ms. Lori Andrews’ preschool class.




I had a blast spending time with the classes. They worked so hard on all of the cards and I know the soldiers will be very happy to receive the gifts to brighten their spirits. The preschoolers were so adorable and told their moms, “A real princess came to see me today.” I visited the kindergarten for a little while and I’ll never forget this question a little girl asked me, “Are you the queen of everything?” What makes me the happiest is when the little girls say they are going to be a princess when they grow up too and they are learning that princesses are doing things to help others and they want to help others too.

I had so much fun with the little ones…they thought I was a real princess.

I can’t thank Mrs. Kelly Jones, the teachers, and students of Lee Academy Elementary enough for allowing me to spend time with the students and also for making the cards to show their appreciation to our nation’s veterans.

“Nothing is Impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International

Comments

Popular Posts