Life in the Blessed Lane

The next year is an adventure I have dreamed of for so many years! I am extremely passionate about using this year of service to make an impact across the world. True Beauty Movement, the National Eating Disorders Association, and Go Red for Women will be at the bedrock of all I do and I am thrilled to share this adventure with you all.

True Beauty Movement is currently celebrating its 5 Year Anniversary! Since the organization’s inception, I have been able to host True Beauty Workshops across the country and this year I am taking it a step further. Over the next 8 months, I will be traveling to South Africa, Kenya, and Rwanda to present True Beauty Workshops to young women internationally. We have partnered with numerous organizations, orphanages, and all-girls schools to equip young women with tools to grow a positive body image and character. In addition to my travels across the country and internationally, I will continue scaling the organization through social media (Instagram: @TheTrueBeautyMovement) and YouTube (OfficialAmandaMoreno). It is my sincere hope that this year is the most astonishing the organization has ever seen and that it positively impacts more girls than we can fathom.

True Beauty Movement works in partnership with the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) to empower, educate, and equip young women. My personal battle with an eating disorder allows me to speak transparently about proactivity, family involvement, treatment and true recovery! I’ll spend my year representing NEDA at fundraising events, advocacy opportunities, workshops, conferences, and online. This organization is so near to my heart because many of the resources they provide helped in my personal recovery. NEDA has numerous International Alliances that I will be working in partnership with so that all those impacted by eating disorders know that they are not alone and recovery is possible! I’ll be breaking the stigma with my crown and banner as a megaphone, ready to represent the genuine happiness and life that comes from having a healthy mind and body!

Heart disease takes the life of 1 in 3 women across the United States yet it is 80% preventable. As an ambassador and spokesperson for Go Red for Women… I will be working to raise awareness, educate women on heart disease, and fundraise for the organization so that one day all women know their risk and are living out a heart healthy life! I’ll work in tandem with the national office to promote Go Red Get Fit, the Red Dress Collection, and Heart Walks across the country. We have some very exciting events in store and I cannot wait to announce what is coming our way.

I truly love the service opportunities that come with being Miss International… but the glamorous facets that come with this job are undeniably noteworthy! In addition to all the wonderful service opportunities, I will be able to work alongside our sponsors to represent International Pageants and make a way so more women can experience this phenomenal organization. I’ll be shooting with Clay Spann Photography & Cosmetics, selecting my Miss International wardrobe from Competitive Image, getting #AllDunnUp with Thomas and Drew Dunn and more! The amazing team truly does know how to make someone feel like royalty and I am thankful for all that they do!

To keep up with all of my adventures, make sure to follow me on Instagram at @MissIntl2016 and subscribe to our blog and YouTube channel so you don’t miss a moment of life in the blessed lane.

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts