“You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf.” - Jon Kabat Zinn


“You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf.” - Jon Kabat Zinn

I really enjoy writing my thoughts on inspirational quotes. Reading or hearing inspirational quotes always helps me feel motivated and ready to conquer the world! I recently used this caption under one of my surfing vacation photos and I got an overwhelming response of compliments and positive reactions from it. So, I decided to share my thoughts on it with you today.

This quote means that life has it’s challenges. Most of which you cannot control however, you can learn to cope. Having the job of Miss Teen International is not easy. You are constantly traveling and doing something. In my opinion one of the best qualities a titleholder can have is flexibility.

Travel plans change and can be interrupted. TV interviews are not planned and as a titleholder you need to be flexible and be able to adapt to any situation you are thrown in. In other words you need to learn to surf! The easiest way to do this is practice. I have lots of girl asking me how you become comfortable talking and speaking to anyone. My answer is always throw yourself into uncomfortable situations. If you are nervous speaking in front of large crowds, practice. If speaking with adults scares you, go lobby or have your teachers or parents work friends interview you.

Remember though, you have to learn how to swim before you learn to surf. Do not be hard on yourself, it really does take time! Happy surfing!

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts