A Few Interview Tips Before Nationals
My recent adventures included judging a few of the state pageants. I asked the contestants some very important factors that they will need before arriving in Charleston. I was surprised some were stumped, some were your general prepared answers, but maybe one out of a dozen answered as if they were ready for a national interview.
So, I wanted to take this opportunity to share with all of you a list of some very important tips for those that are new to International pageants and for those that are returning as regionals but possibly may have not have included these very important aspects in their one on one interviews with EACH judge.
- PLATFORM! PLATFORM! PLATFORM!
- Have a plan of action! What are goals as Mrs. International?
- Get involved with a national organization that backs your platform
- Judges WILL research you, get involved and GET OUT THERE… NOW!
- Know statistics, but know your CONNECTION to your platform means more
- Know our agency alliance, American Heart Association, and key points
- Highlight your strengths! What separates you from the rest?
- Make the judges FEEL your genuine intentions, what’s your story?
- Know the International brand, what it stands for, and it’s key executives!
- Its Nationals! What out of your interview will set you apart from 60+ contestants?
- What do you want EACH judge to remember about you?
- Why International Pageants?
Turning Broken Into Brave,
Your Mrs. International 2017