Meet Your Miss International 2018 - Kaylee Ewing


I spent the majority of my life in rural Walton County, Georgia surrounded by pastures, cows, a few chickens, and a Wal-Mart about 25 minutes down the road. Had someone told me that I would be Miss International one day, I wouldn’t have believed them. Now, I sit here reflecting on my journey of preparation for the Miss International Pageant and the incredible year of service I have ahead of me, and all I can say is that I am so grateful the Lord saw fit to weave this opportunity into my life.

Before we get into all the plans I have for my year as Miss International, let me tell you a little bit more about Kaylee…

I have always been a girly-girl and about as outgoing as a person can be. Couple that with being a dancer, cheerleader, baton twirler, and gymnast and there is no shortage of home videos of me dancing and singing at the top of my lungs.


From Kindergarten to 12th grade, I attended Loganville Christian Academy. I could not have asked for a better experience- they prepared me academically, spiritually, and socially for God’s calling on my life. After graduating Salutatorian of my class, I accepted a Presidential Scholarship to attend Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC) in Tifton, Georgia. My parents met and fell in love at this college, so it held a special place in my heart long before I was a student there. As you can imagine, my love for sweet ABAC only grew when I became the President of the ABAC Ambassadors, a member of the Stallion Society Orientation Team, and the Captain of the ABAC Equus Dance Team. I graduated from ABAC in 2016 with an Associates Degree in Business Administration.



The following semester I enrolled at The University of Georgia (UGA) in the Terry College of Business as a Management Information Systems (MIS) and Marketing double major...so yes, I am a bit of a nerd. I love a good Excel spreadsheet and a color-coordinated graphic to go along with it. I am going into my senior year at UGA and am thrilled to be finishing strong as a Brother of Delta Sigma Pi (Professional Business Fraternity), the Coordinator of the MIS Advisory Board, a Terry College of Business Ambassador, and a dancer for the UGA Tap Dawgs Team! [Insert: DSP] I hope our football team can finish out this year strong as well and bring us home a National Championship Trophy - GO DAWGS!


At the core of most everything I do is my organization BRAVE. I will share more about BRAVE and how very special it is to me in future blogs, but for those of you who are curious and want to know now check out www.choosebravery.org for more information!


When I’m not working on school assignments, developing BRAVE, or serving through the Miss International System, I love to play with my Mini Potbelly Pig, Scout Hamilton. For those of you who are interested, he has an Instagram (@scouttheminipig), and I can promise you he will put a smile on your face even on your worst days. I also love spending time with my family and friends, exploring new coffee shops and restaurants, and traveling! Stay tuned to learn more about my traveling adventures and recommendations.


I cannot put into words how incredibly excited, honored, and humbled I am to have been entrusted with the responsibility of serving as Miss International 2018. I do not take this responsibility lightly as I so respect the Miss Internationals who have come before me, the state and country title holders I competed alongside for this amazing opportunity, and the Miss Internationals that will follow after me.


I look forward to keeping you all updated on my year of service as Miss International 2018.

Choosing Bravery,

Kaylee Ewing
Miss International 2018

Comments

Popular Posts