Dallas Heart Walk


I arrived in Dallas and was greeted by Kaylee Ewing, Miss International 2018 as soon as I stepped off the plane. We took an Uber to the American Heart Association National Center where we met up with Georgia Clark, Miss Teen International 2018. There, we were given a delicious Panera Bread lunch and some Go Red for Women goodies. We also had a great conversation with the Go Red for Women team and learned a lot of new information that will be beneficial throughout our year.


That evening Kaylee, Georgia and I decided to hit the town and try some of the famous Tex-Mex we had been hearing so much about. We wanted to try a place called Mi Cocina. We had a bit of a wait before we were seated, as it is a popular place for locals, but it was a great opportunity for us to chat and get to know each other a little better.

After we were seated, we had dinner and the the food did not disappoint!


Fajitas at Mi Cocina

After dinner we headed back to our hotel because we had an early morning.

I woke up at around 4:00 A.M to get ready and we headed straight to the Dallas Heart Walk. It was the largest Heart Walk I have ever attended. They had so many sponsors and booths set up, I knew it would be a great day.


Our job as volunteers was to greet all the participants as they arrived and hand out maps or answer any questions they may have. It was a great opportunity for us to socialize and we had so many great conversations. I even had a nice lady walk up to me because she had recognized me from Facebook. She said she will be a contestant in 2019 for International Pageants!


After the Heart Walk, Georgia had to head to the airport but Kaylee and I had a later flight. So we decided to sightsee for the remainder of our time there. We even stopped to have a latte at a little place called Café Victoria.

It was a wonderful weekend and I’m so thankful I got to be a part of it.

Latte at Café Victoria


Together We Rise,

Your Mrs. International 2018

LAUREN WEEKS

Comments

Popular Posts