A Fatherless Father’s Day


It’s no secret. Each year on Father’s Day, my heart sinks a bit. Every store is filled with funny cards, red grills, manly t-shirts, and nice coffee mugs. The commercials on TV show images of happy fathers and daughters going to baseball games, hunting, fishing, or going for a drive in their new car together. You see, my dad did all of those things with me. He was the absolute best! He and I packed a lifetime of father-daughter love into 20 short years.

So as I sit here on this Father’s Day without my father, I am continually training my mind to remember the good...to remember the fun times and the laughter. The father’s days that we spent kayaking on the lake or riding bikes around a campground somewhere. I am forever grateful for the 19 Father’s Days I had with my precious daddy, and I live the remainder of the Father’s Days that will come to pass in my lifetime with him on my mind and in my heart. 

Kaylee
Miss International 2018

Comments

Popular Posts