Outing Day Attire

(At J.Q. Dickinson Salt Works for breakfast and a tour)

It can be difficult to figure out what you should wear during the “outing days” while in West Virginia for Mrs. International. I struggled for weeks trying to finalize what outfits would be appropriate for each occasion. After looking up instagram posts from the previous contestants, I finally made some decisions. For this blog, I will be sharing my outfit choices along with some of the other contestants outfits.

(Orientation)

#1 Orientation

While this technically isn’t one of the outing days, it is the first time you will likely meet and mingle with the Mrs. International staff and contestants. Of course we all want to make a good first impression but I would say just wear something that feels like “you.” I changed my orientation outfit just a couple weeks before I left for West Virginia. I ended up wearing what was going to be my interview outfit to orientation instead.

(Speaking at Orientation)

#2 Outing Day

I found this dress while I was in Texas. I believe it was at an outlet Neiman Marcus store. The moment I saw it, I thought it reminded me of an outfit one would wear to tea. Since one of our stops was going to be at the Governor's Mansion for tea, this one was a no-brainer. I also liked it because it was comfortable to wear which was necessary for our busy outing day.

(Touring the Capitol and the Culture Center)

#3 Rooftop Reception

This is another one that I went back and forth on. I didn’t want to be too dressy but I also didn’t want to be too casual. I finally went with a dress that had been in my closet for a couple years, but this seemed like a great occasion to bring it back out of my closet. It was comfortable but had a good amount of sparkle to it.

(Rooftop with Denise Engelbrecht, Mrs. South Carolina International 2018 and Valentina Kostenko, Mrs. Minnesota International 2018)


#4 Go Red Gala

I was blessed that my sponsor for Mrs. California was kind enough to give me a dress for the Gala event which was an unexpected blessing. I really wanted to wear red and I particularly loved this dress because it had a neckline that I loved and made me feel a lot taller than I actually am. For the Red Carpet Gala, I highly recommend that you wear very comfortable shoes. You will be on your feet for a long time and trust me, your feet will really start to hurt you so comfortable shoes are a must.

(Attending the Go Red Gala and standing with my auction item)


I hope this blog helps you make some decisions in your Nationals clothing journey.

Together We Rise,

Your Mrs. International 2018

LAUREN WEEKS

Comments

Popular Posts