Preparing for the Mrs. International Competition


I have had a lot of ladies message or call me in the past few months asking how I prepared for Mrs. International. They want to know what they can do to stand out from the rest. While there is no secret recipe for winning Mrs. International, I wanted to share a few of the things I did which I believe made a substantial difference for my mindset, walking into Nationals Week.


(Mrs. International 2018 DVD)

Purchase last years DVD:

Watching the DVD was the first thing I did after I was crowned Mrs. California International. I tend to perform better if it isn’t my first time competinging at a pageant. But once I feel comfortable and confident with how things are run, I perform a lot better. That is why it was so important to me to study the previous year’s video. I wanted to feel like I’d already competed before. I watched the walking patterns and I listened to the onstage questions so I was as prepared as I could possibly be.

You can purchase the DVD here: https://www.mrsinternational.com/mrs-international-shop.php


(Volunteering at the Headquarters for Together We Rise)

Be able to talk about your platform in under two minutes:

During your private interview with the judges, you will only have five minutes to convince them that you are ready for the job. But we can’t control the questions the judges choose to ask us. That is why you want to make sure that you can quickly define your platform, and share what you plan to do to make a difference. A few of my judges spent most of our time talking about my job instead of my work with my platform, so I only had a couple minutes at the end to brief them on my platform and why I was competing for the job of Mrs. International. I was so thankful I had prepared for that.

(Mrs. International Orientation)

Look for wardrobe early:

I believe it’s important to plan your wardrobe in advance. It can be stressful if you wait until the last minute because you will have so many other things you’re doing right before you leave for nationals, such as getting your nails done, packing, tanning, etc. My advice would be to watch the youtube video from last year called, “Mrs. International 2018: Week In Review.” This video shows the contestants throughout the week at all the events and rehearsals. You can use this to get a good idea of what to wear for each outing.

Here is the link for the video:https://youtu.be/EWc8NnqPrZA

For advice or guidance on what you should wear, contact Joey Retherford with the Competitive Image. The Competitive Image is your one stop shop for all your pageant needs. They specialize in Sherri Hill Couture Gowns and have a variety of name brands to choose from. Here is the link to their Facebook Page:

https://business.facebook.com/pg/thecompetitiveimage/about/?ref=page_internal


As you prepare for Nationals, I hope you find these tips helpful.

Together We Rise,

Your Mrs. International 2018

LAUREN WEEKS

Comments

Popular Posts