Guest Reader at Elementary School


Recently, after my sister’s graduation festivities, I visited the elementary school that I attended as a child where I did a guest reading for the first grade. I read the children a book titled “The Nature Club.”




After reading the book and answering questions from all of the curious children, I went on to bid farewell to my former fifth grade teacher, who will be retiring at the end of the school year. She was so excited to see me and made sure that I visited the podium at the front of her classroom.


Hanging on the front of the podium was a laminated poem appropriately titled “Podium”, which I had written for her as her student years ago.


She told me that it has graced the front of her podium for the last nine years. Between reading to and talking with the sweet first graders and my visit to my fifth grade teacher, it was such a touching and heartwarming visit!



Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts