Presidential Gold Service Award


For the second year in a row, I was honored to be awarded the Gold Presidential Volunteer Service Award.  This award recognizes exceptional volunteer and community service. There is a minimum 250 hour service commitment for the award in my age group. I am proud to have actually completed over 375 hours from April 2010-April 2011, including the majority of my reign as Miss Teen International.


I am equally proud to have over 250 hours of volunteer service alone dedicated to my platform, the American Heart Association and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. I encourage all youth to pursue this award, it will certainly help them in the competitive world when applying for college or their first job.

I proudly wear my two gold service award pins on my sash and have two certificate and letters personally signed by the President of the United States!



Thank you to my former director, Rita Sinha, who sponsored me for the award both years.

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts