Fitness

It’s already state, region, and country competition training season for the International system and I could not be more excited to meet the 2016 class of titleholders! You girls are in for the ride of a life time. Rehearsing the opening number, rushing backstage to change between phases, and holding hands at coronation is indescribable to experience with your friends. Another experience that is fun to spend with friends is working out. Fitness is an important stage of competition in the international pageant system, with someone to workout with and motivate you, fitness is a synch! Here are some tips for your training season.

1. Get an app on your phone that tracks the calorie intake that is proper for your body and the amount of time you have to get to your desired shape.

2. Eat three low calorie meals a day with two healthy snacks between.

3. As long as you are eating lightly you must lift weights (Your body will feed off of your muscles before fat and you don’t want to lose those guns!)

4. Walk/Run for 30 mins to an hour as well as find a cardio circuit on the internet (Cardio is great for burning calories fast) Make sure to get cardio in at least 30 mins a day.

5. You could always get a trainer/nutritionist to guide you through the proper exercise and diet for your body type and join a spin or aerobics class at your local gym.

6. Throughout the weekend of competition do a few squats, push-ups, crunches, and calf raises before you go to bed.

7. Backstage before the fitness competition do a few squats, push-ups, crunches, and calf raises to make those muscles more defined as well as to get you pumped!

Set a timer for 30 mins on your phone and repeat this circuit until it finishes.

This was taken after I did my mini workout right before fitness wear.

I always felt like fitness was a huge struggle for me, but I met a great trainer that made working out fun! (Thanks Mrs. Julie, love you!) I am not going to lie, the workouts were very hard, but every time I felt like giving up I thought, “You WANT these abs, you NEED these abs, NEVER give up!” Mrs. International 2014, Maggie Thorne, made an impact on me to never give up as well. Yes, turning down my favorite fattening food was hard but it was the thought of what I needed to look like in front of the judges that kept me on the right track. Now, I know how to live a healthy life style. Keep up the hard work girls. Better sore than sorry!

Mrs. Julie, my trainer, and I at Miss International 2015 prelims.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts