Who Is Your Stylist?


My Mom and I joke that I am her stylist since I don't allow her to go shopping unless I am there to "approve" her outfits! Of course she is old enough to do her own wardrobe shopping, but for some reason she will come back with some..let's just say interesting... outfits! When I go with her, I pick out what I think will look best on her, encourage her to try styles that she wouldn't normally go for, and provide her with an external perspective that would be difficult for her to give herself.

While recently having a shopping excursion with my Mom, it made me think. How often do we spend time with the "stylist" in our lives? Someone who will bring out the best in you, who encourages you to try things that will improve your life, and provides you with feedback that is different than the introspective thoughts we have about ourselves. This person can be a family member, a friend, or a therapist. But it's important to have at least one person in your life that can be your "stylist" and gives you a fresh look at your life every now and then! Now that 2016 is well under way, I encourage all of us to spend more time with those who lift us up to be all that God created us to be! Because after all, that's the best look you can ever have on!

Continuing to break the stigma,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts