Spread Literacy With Me!

Spread Literacy with Me!!

As Miss Teen International I will be working with Jumpstart, Buildon and Yellow Boat of Hope. Below I have outlined my plans during my reign.


1. Celebrate “Read for the Record” with Jumpstart

Every year Jumpstart holds a Read for the Record® day when over 2 million people read the same book on the same day and highlights the connections made when adults and kids read together. This year Read for the Record® will be held on October 19, 2017 and the official book is Quackers. My goal is to purchase 200 books which I will be donating to preschools in various communities across the US. Click the donate button here today, or you can also get your own copy of Quackers here.


2. RAISE $30,OO FOR BUILDON

It costs this amount to bring a team of volunteers and all the materials to build a school. The San Fernando Valley Community team has been to Haiti and Malawi in the last couple years and built a school there with the Buildon organization. This year I hope to go to Nicaragua with the team wherever the next destination is. Even just the cost of a frappuccino helps. Donate now!!



3. RAISE $10,000 FOR YELLOW BOAT OF HOPE
I had originally only planned to work with Buildon and Jumpstart. However, upon hearing about the kids who have to swim to school I was deeply moved and had to add their cause to my goals. In some remote communities in the Philippines, there are kids that swim for miles and trek through harsh trails just to get to school. By providing the community with "school boats" the kids can get to school dry, safe and in less time.
One child, one book can change the world!!

Carly
Miss Teen International 2017

Comments

Popular Posts