Choosing the Perfect Interview Color


There is so much that goes into selecting the best interview option! We base our interview selections on so many key factors such as: how it fits, how it makes us feel, and our body shapes. One key factor some forget is COLOR! Color choice can be a subconscious key factor that is extremely important. Why? Because your color selection says allot about you.

There are so many ways your color selection can help you in the interview room. Some contestants chose to wear the color that represents their platform, they want the judges to remember their purpose. This results in allot of blues, reds, and purples. Some contestants want to stand out amongst the competition so they chose bold colors, like hot pink, red, or yellow. Some want to set a specific image, for instance of elegance, this results in allot of whites and pale colors.


My favorite interview colors, for me, are black and white. Knowing my platform and the years of work behind it, speak for itself, I chose my interview based on appearance. I’m very tall and have a strong presence, so when approaching a table where a judge is sitting, I want to downplay my approach so it’s not so strong. This way they take me more serious and HEAR the words coming out of my mouth during the interview, and my color is not overpowering them. I chose white or black to soften my presence and make me little more approachable because of my height and appearance. Now if I were the opposite and on the shorter side with my coloring, I would chose red, to give me a little more strength, height, and power to stand out.

So when choosing your perfect interview, think of all the factors, including color! Select off your own individual strengths and weaknesses, and when you do, you’ll find your perfect color match!

Turning Broken Into Brave,

Your Mrs. International 2017

Melissa Pocza

Comments

Popular Posts