Easy Tips for Staying Healthy


It can be difficult to stay healthy and fit in the “convenience world” we live in. In fact, being a mom makes it especially hard to be healthy. Every time I cook something yummy for my kids, I just want to eat it myself, which isn’t necessarily good for my waistline.

I do have some tips that I use to try and stay as healthy as possible and I wanted to share them with all of you in hopes that they may be something new to try!


Riced Cauliflower:

This can be made from scratch or easily purchased pre-made at the store. Cauliflower has several properties that are helpful for one's health. First, it is low in calories with only 25 calories per cup, so you can eat a lot of it without gaining weight. It is also a good source of fiber, so cauliflower basically slows digestion and promotes feelings of fullness. I like to use this as a substitute for any rice dish. It may take some getting used to but it’s definitely a great option when trying to get “pageant ready.”


Salsa Chicken:

This one is super simple and easy to make. All I do is put boneless, skinless chicken breast in the crockpot (fresh or frozen). Then I dump a jar of my favorite salsa on top and cook it on low for 8 hours. This makes for such a healthy dinner and my favorite is to pull the chicken apart and put it on a salad or in tortillas for yummy tacos.


Salted Lime Popcorn:

This popcorn is delicious and made on the stove top with just a few ingredients. First you’ll melt two tablespoons of coconut oil in a large pot, along with a few popcorn kernels. Then you’ll want to stay by the stove and listen for the first pop. At this stage you’ll sprinkle a little salt and add the rest of the kernels, shaking the (lidded) pot back and forth on the stove top until the popping slows. This will only take a minute or two! Leave the pot off the heat and crack the lid to allow steam to escape. To flavor, toss the popcorn with lime zest and pour a drizzle of warmed lime juice over top. Try it, it’s really delicious.


Frozen Grapes:

Frozen grapes are the greatest snack ever! Especially on a warm and sunny day. They’re extremely easy to prepare and also refreshing, healthy, and low-calorie. All you have to do is buy your favorite grapes (red or green), wash them and put them in the freezer. It’s that simple. They kind of taste like frozen candy which is an amazing candy substitute for anyone with a sweet tooth. I like to separate them into baggies so they are all ready for me to grab and go.


Hopefully one or all of these tips are helpful to you. Enjoy!

Together We Rise,

Your Mrs. International 2018

LAUREN WEEKS

Comments

Popular Posts