Alexandria Walk for Breast Cancer


When I found out my mom was coming to visit me, I registered us both to be volunteers at a breast cancer walk while she was here! As many of you know, I moved to Washington, DC about 2 months ago. I thought I was getting to know the area pretty well, but it turns out I was WRONG! When I was looking up walks around my area, there were not any in DC, so I registered us for one that I thought was in Virginia about 1.5 hours away. I thought we could make a whole day out of it & explore a new city – Charlotte! Turns out I was thinking of Charlottesville, but I actually registered us for a walk in Charlotte, NC – about 10 hours away. Oops!

I realized my mistake as I was googling directions the afternoon before, so I quickly cancelled our registration & went to town on finding another walk to do. I found one about 20 minutes away in Alexandria, VA. YAY!

It was FREEZING, but we had a lot of fun!

Ashley Smith



Comments

Popular Posts