The Baltimore, Maryland Annual Heart Walk


I was invited to join Deanna Linz, Mrs. Northeast International’s team for the Baltimore Maryland Annual Heart Walk event. It was a gorgeous crisp October morning when we arrived at the Baltimore Inner Harbor for the Annual Heart Walk. Both Deanna and I share the same platform, the American Heart Association, and we work as a perfect team promoting our platform as well as the International system together.




When I started working with the AHA, shortly after Erick’s death, I came to the realization of how unhealthy my lifestyle had been. I had struggled with eating disorders throughout high school, yoyo dieting and other general unhealthy eating habits. Through my journey of self discovery, I’ve learned to embrace daily exercise (I love to run) along with a healthy, balanced diet - I’ve even learned healthy ways to satisfy my insatiable sweet tooth with a scoop of fat-free ice cream after dinner each night. THANK GOODNESS Breyer’s makes a fat-free version of their chocolate fudge brownie ice cream!


We completed our five mile walk shortly before 11. I’ll have to tell you, that my daily runs and walking around the University of MD campus to my classes, prepared me well for the event.


After the walk, we spoke to different participants sharing our stories, telling them about the International Pageant System and its’ good works, taking some photos with participants, and of course letting some of the little girls try on the Teen International crown! It turned out to be a wonderful event for a great cause on a beautiful Baltimore day!

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts