Erick's Hope Food Drive


After my 12 year old cousin, Erick, passed away 2 summers ago from congenital heart disease, my aunt, uncle, and I started Erick’s Hope Foundation to carry on his legacy and passion to serve underprivileged children. Erick’s Hope provides physical, emotional, and educational support to at risk children through a variety of programs.



I have personally helped conduct all of the Erick’s Hope food drives and conducted one on my own through the Key Club at my school in which we collected over 2,500 lbs of kid-friendly, nutritious food. We assembled over 700 “Smart Sacks”- boxes of kid friendly, nutritious food to be distributed to underprivileged children who receive subsidized meals at school so that they can also have nutritious meals in the evenings and on weekends.



Recently, I collected food from surrounding neighborhoods. It feels great to continue Erick’s legacy by keeping up with the semi-annual Erick’s Hope food drives, I know he would be so proud of all of the great things we have done in his memory.



Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts