Bonita Springs YMCA Visit


On Thursday, March 24th, I had an appearance in Bonita Springs, Florida!! I was invited to speak to the children on the subject of “living a healthy lifestyle”. As a spokesperson for the American Heart Association and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, I have already visited over 8 states so far during the first 7 months of my reign speaking to children. I have some additional travel scheduled in the next couples of months around the country. I have mostly visited Boys and Girls Clubs, hospitals and schools, so it was really exciting visiting my first YMCA. The director was from Montgomery County where I hail from – pure coincidence- it’s a small world!




I love speaking to young children. They are so excited to hear my story and to learn more about the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. It is especially touching when the young girls hug me and tell me that they want to be Miss Teen International when they grow up.






Of course, while in Florida, I had a little rest and relaxation. As I said in my previous blog, I stayed with my mom in a gated community on the Gulf- right on the water. I did some tanning, some swimming and played a little bocce ball. Our hosts were preparing for an annual bocce tournament where they entertain 300 people that fly in from all over the world to participate. As we were leaving, the neighbors had just flown in from Toronto.

Anyways, it was hard to return to 35 degrees and raining, but my sister Caroline made her confirmation that weekend and I was her sponsor, so duty called.


Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts