50+ Expo & Make-A-Wish Chocolate Fest

February is one of the best months to combine my two passions: animals and health. February is National Heart Month and National Spay/Neuter Month! This past weekend I set up a booth at the WKPT 50+ Expo/Make-A-Wish Chocolate Fest and sold jewelry to raise money for my platform, Jurnee’s Journey and our mission to end euthanasia, and the American Heart Association!


My friends Katie Edwards, Catherine Hensley, Jules Rosario, and Abby Robinette all helped! Thank you ladies for working hard!


We raised over $500 that will be given to the AHA and no-kill rescue groups!

It was such an honor to meet Wish Child, David. He is battling Leukemia. Keep fighting, David! His wish is to take his family to Maui! WOW!

Miss Teen Virginia International 2012 – Tiana Dockery, was the Make-A-Wish Fairy!

I got to crown Lauren! Her wish was to go to London! She's one cool girl!

These Wish Kids are absolutely amazing! Way to fight!
I had such an amazing time this past weekend! I got to make so many new friends with the Wish Kids and raise funds to help animals!
Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts