Painting the School Red!

Go Red! The most powerful phrase for ending heart disease in women! 1 out of every 3 women will die of heart disease. This statistic is too staggering, that’s why people everywhere have joined together to end this disease! February 3rd is National Wear Red Day and I took action by turning my school red!

I hung up posters and flyers all around the school encouraging people to wear red. I was also on the morning announcements telling people about Wear Red Day and what the movement is all about.
My French II class all wore “rouge”!

I set up a booth during lunch and sold Go Red dress pins and heart themed jewelry!

My school raised $250 that will directly go to the Go Red movement!

Elementary student, Isaac Phillips, bought a heart to display!

Faculty and students donated to the AHA and were proudly recognized!

Just a few of the students who supported the American Heart Association on National Wear Red Day!

My basketball team wore red too! And we won our game that Friday! Way to go ladies!

A HUGE shout out to my school for supporting the AHA! You have truly helped make a difference in our battle to end heart disease!

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts