Art Incognito

Free Arts Minnesota held their annual Art Incognito event last Thursday. It was a fantastic night of elusive elegance and stunning pieces of artwork. Over 70 pieces of donated artwork was auctioned off to provide children with art mentoring programs. Attending this fun filled night was so exciting for me. One year ago I attended as Miss Saint Cloud with absolutely no idea what was in store for me. It was great being able to network and mingle during the evening and reunite with Free Arts Minnesota supporters I met last year. They were very excited to hear about my success!

In the historic Ford Centre in Minneapolis Minnesota, partygoers fiercely bid over beautiful pieces of work from small child made work to large technically mastered pieces. I was surprised when I met a very young lady who was an artist in the show. She couldn’t have been more than six years old but was already a successful artist. Below is a picture of Brena and I, although she was more interested in showing me her teeth than smiling for the camera!

Brena & I
 
Brena & her Dad, Zach
 
Artwork by Brena
 
A good friend of mine was the lucky bidder who got to take number Brena’s piece home!
The rest of the evening was occupied by a live auction, testimonial and an opportunity to sponsor a child. Overall, the night was a huge success and I was honored to be able to support a cause so near and dear to my heart. I have no hear any official number as to how successful the night was but I know Free Arts Minnesota loves and appreciates their donors, supporters, ad volunteers very much. Without these people Free Arts would not be bale to help child in need of loving mentors and creative outlets.
 
Dan, the Executive Director of Free Arts Minnesota and I
 
Art Heals!!

Love,
 
Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts