Video Release - Regions Hospital Burn Center

When someone is severely burned, they are often cared for initially by a community hospital or medical center that would then refer them to the nearest “Burn Center,” which specializes in the care of burns. Fortunately, because of the location of my accident I was taken directly by ambulance to Regions Hospital Burn Center located in St. Paul, Minnesota, on the afternoon of October 26, 1994.

Prior to that day I had never been hospitalized, broken a bone, or known what it was to experience real pain. Even without previous experience, I knew that I was being given the best care available. The burn team, which is comprised of; doctors, nurses, therapists, social worker, psychiatrist, and even the hospital Chaplin where with me every step of the painful journey. Unfortunately, they often had to inflict more pain on my body than a person should ever have to endure, but they did it with the best of intensions. I often think this is the cruelest part of being burned, as if the event itself is not enough, the road to recovery is comprised of torturous surgeries, therapies, and an emotional roller coaster ride that challenges the strongest of individuals.

Regardless, I want you to know there is a positive and amazing message to be shared, as a burn center is filled with dedicated angels, who do what many could not do, and I will be eternally grateful to each and every member of my burn team for their role in saving my life. Therefore, it was my privilege to be asked to participate in a video for promotion of the burn center, encouraging community care facilities to send their patients to Regions.

If you would like to view the video, here is the link…and it is my pleasure to share with you that it opens on a current bridge project for which my company is supplying materials to Lunda Construction Company of Black River Falls, Wisconsin:  http://files.bolstercreative.com/regions/burn_center/

Best Wishes,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts