DAR Good Citizenship Award


Last week, my counselor called me to her office to give me some very exciting news! The administrators and teachers at Ashford High School nominated me for the Daughters of the American Revolution good citizenship award. I was so honored that they felt my efforts to help our community were worthy of such an esteemed honor. The program was designed to reward the qualities of good citizenship, which include dependability, service, leadership, and patriotism.

This month, I will begin the application and interview process. The DAR Good Citizenship committee takes into account the applicant’s grades, letters of recommendation, community service, and an essay. There are several different levels are competition including the chapter, state, and national level. Each level receives a higher monetary award, respectively, and the national winner will be invited to Washington, D.C. to attend the DAR Continental Congress and have a change to meet the president! This is such an exciting opportunity, and I am so honored to have been chosen to represent my high school.

Caroline Crowley

Comments

Popular Posts