The Abilities Expo in Boston

It is always great to attend Abilities Expos. Not only does it help me find new therapies and supplies for my mom, but you also meet so many amazing people in the process! This expo was at the Boston Convention Center. The venue was very spacious and allowed easy access for people that use wheelchairs. In this blog, I am going to highlight just a few things I was able to do during this expo.

My main job was to help the U.S. Pain Foundation with their booth. As an organization we try to connect pain patients to different resources. Expos like this one are amazing because practically everything is under one roof. From wheelchairs to other more specific non profit organizations, it is all there.

While I was there I attended a dance class run by Auti Angel from the television show Push Girls. I decided to take the class while seated in a chair. Let me tell you, it made a difference! It was very different but by the end of the class I had learned so much. She teaches a message similar to what I teach in my Dancing Through the Pain Classes. You have a purpose in life and obstacles are always overcomable!

While I was there I did some research into some wheelchairs for my mom is well. Until you talk to someone, you do not understand how much detail will go into a good wheelchair. For most full time users they will custom make the chairs for the individual's body to insure the amount of pressure will be distributed evenly. It was nice to help my mom find a chair that was lightweight and comes in many different colors. What color do you think she should choose?

I am excited to attend another Abilities Expo soon!

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden

Garin

Comments

Popular Posts